Sunday, August 1, 2010

I got home last Tuesday night and have not had time to post anything since getting here. When I get some time I plan on looking into the Halterman history and try to put together in my own mind what happened back in the 1700's and 1800's. Not sure if I can get any answers to all the questions but with the internet resources now maybe I can figure out some things.

Where did Jacobs brother Christopher go after being released from the captivity?

What people were his offspring? It looks like Jacob settled in Hardy Co. WV.

What other kids of Christian came down to the Shenandoah Valley and did they stay after Jacob Sr.s family was killed?

Are there any Halterman's that are still Mennonites and where do they live?

Who are the ancestors of the people that live in Virginia?

Are the Haltermans that run the car dealerships in East Staudsburg, Pa decendants of Nicholas Haldeman(Christian's brother) as Milton Haldeman told me?

When did the Halterman's from Jacob Jr. become other religions? Eli was in the civil war so it looks like they had already converted to something else.

When exactly did Henry J. leave Ohio for Nebraska?

I am sure I will think of alot of other questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment