Thursday, July 22, 2010

I did some tourist things today by going to Gettysburg and tried to get a tour of the Harley-Davidson factory but did not get back in time for that. Made a trip to Hershey, Chocolate town and planned on going to the museum but missed the museum by 30 min. Spent 30 min in Chocolate World with thousands of kids on sugar highs. I am Civil Wared out and do not think I will make it back to Chocolate world.

Tomorrow I am going to try to make the Harley-Davidson on my way to the Amish area east of Lancaster. I will maybe try and see if their is any Mennonite Church that has records of names. Maybe I will find some Haltermans. Plan on eating an Amish meal while there.

Christian Halterman(born in Switzerland) came to Lancaster but moved to Shanandoah County Virginia. Milton had records that most ended up in Hardy county Virginia, which is now West Virginia. I looked an the internet and there are Haltermans in that county so I am going to try and get a camp spot there on Saturday when I leave here.

No comments:

Post a Comment